Job Title: Application Developer
Location: Home Working / Altrincham Office (South Manchester) / Hybrid
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience
Position: Full-time / Start ASAP.
Xanalys is looking for an Application Configuration Engineer to join our team developing the company’s next generation of web based Investigative Case Management solutions.
The configuration role involves implementing functional requirements within Xanalys’ XML based framework: this includes defining schemas, writing validation rules, coding business logic and creating user interfaces for data entry and searching.
Candidates should have some experience of software development processes including gathering/understanding business requirements, developing these into functional requirements and implementation of a working system using no code or low code environments.
The position will involve extensive use of various XML technologies:
• XML fundamentals, structure and form
• XML Schema definitions and validation
• XPath for XML navigation, selection transformation
• XQuery for querying XML using XPath
We are particularly interested in applications from candidates who are:
• Low-code/No-code system developers willing to develop technical skills as above while maintaining focus on business requirements.
• Web developers using website builders willing to move into more operational/enterprise systems with a focus on encoding business processes and requirements.
In addition to the starting salary, other benefits include:
• Annual company bonus
• 8% pension contribution
• 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing 1 day annually up to a maximum of 27 days)
• Flexible working hours – subject to 37.5 hours and some core hours
The role can be office-based or a hybrid of home and office working.
Xanalys is based in Altrincham, Greater Manchester with local subsidiary companies in Canada and New Zealand. We develop Investigation Management Systems with successful deployments in Canada, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. Our clients include Law Enforcement Agencies, Government Regulators and Financial Institutions.
We are a private company with excellent customer relationships, an established long-term revenue base and ambitious goals for growth based on focused business development and continual improvements to our products.