Job Title: Developer – Application Configuration
Location: Home Working / Altrincham Office (South Manchester) / Hybrid
Salary: £27,000 to £35,000 depending on experience
Position: Full-time / Start ASAP.
Xanalys is looking for an Application Configuration Engineer with XML/XSLT experience to join our team developing the company’s next generation of web based Investigative Case Management solutions.
The configuration role involves implementing functional requirements within Xanalys’ XML based framework: this can range from defining schemas, writing validation or business rules through to constructing a web user interface for searches and data entry.
Candidates should have some experience of gathering/understanding business requirements, developing these into functional requirements and implementing them into a working system.
Candidates should have experience and knowledge of the core XML technologies and associated tools/languages.
• XML fundamentals, structure and form
• XML Schema definitions and validation
• XPath for XML navigation, selection transformation
• XQuery for querying XML using XPath
The following Web Technologies for Front-End Website Development will be useful but not essential:
• Brower tools for debugging
Suitable background/existing roles will include:
• Front-End Website developers willing to move into more operational/enterprise systems with a focus on encoding business processes and requirements.
• Low-code/No-code system developers willing to develop technical skills as above while maintaining focus on business requirements.
The role can be entirely home based, office based or hybrid. The office is in Altrincham, Greater Manchester.
Xanalys is based in Altrincham, Greater Manchester with local subsidiary companies in Canada and New Zealand. We develop Investigation Management Systems with successful deployments in Canada, USA, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. Our clients include Law Enforcement Agencies, Government Regulators and Financial Institutions.
We are a private company with excellent customer relationships, an established long-term revenue base and ambitious goals for growth based on focussed business development and continual improvements to our products.